Respondents were asked if they agree with a variety of statements. The results for those saying they agree or agree very much with the statements are:
• 67% of elite Malaysians believe that paying extra for quality is worthwhile.
• 30% have greater trust in products they have seen advertised.
• 66% agree that adverts are a good way to learn about products and services.
• Close to half (49%) of wealthy Malaysians agreed that it was important for them to have the most modern appliances in their homes.
• 44% find shopping to be a fun-filled activity while over half of well-off Malaysians like to treat themselves to something special even though it is expensive.
Synovate, the market research arm of Aegis Group plc, generates consumer insights that drive competitive marketing solutions. More information on Synovate can be found at www.synovate.com
How would your brand participate in the golden age of the geek?
Don’t want to miss out on the weekly shots of branding? Subscribe to our e-newsletter.